Reset a Client Access Virtual Directory
On This Page
- Introduction - Resetting A Client Access Virtual Directory
- Resetting the Outlook Anywhere Virtual Directory
Introduction - Resetting a Client Access Virtual Directory
Sometimes as part of the troubleshooting process, you need to reset the virtual directories back to their default state. A wizard has been provided to do this for you.
- Open Exchange Management Console and expand Server Configuration, then Client Access Server.
- Right click on the server that you want to reset the virtual directory on and choose "Reset Virtual Directory..."
- On the first screen, select Browse. Then choose the virtual directory that you want to reset. You can only reset one at a time, so if you want to reset them all, run the process multiple times.
In this example, we are going to reset the Autodiscover Virtual Directory.
- Then choose Next. Select the path to the log for the process - the default is usually fine in most cases and press Next.
- A summary of the task will be shown.
- Once the process has finished, run IISRESET from an elevated command prompt and test again.
Outlook Anywhere Virtual Directory
To reset the Outlook Anywhere virtual directory, you need to follow the instructions on the Outlook Anywhere page.